Attached is the November 2016 Newsletter from The College Planning Center. This month our articles address:
- Selective Admissions – Selective schools are inundated each year by applicants with strong grades and testing; so what sets the admitted ones apart from those who are denied?
- Majoring in Animation – Animators create the exciting and intriguing graphics and realistic special effects used in many industries. How can you prepare to work in this career?
- The CSS Profile – About 400 colleges, universities and scholarship programs require an additional financial aid form beyond the FAFSA. The CSS Profile allows colleges to gather more information in order to award their own institutional funds to deserving students.
- Acing the Interview – Although it’s common to be nervous about an upcoming college interview, approaching the interview as a
conversation, where you and the interviewer are exchanging information, can actually make it fun.
- How Colleges Evaluate Transcripts – admissions officers work hard to assess the multitude of transcripts as fairly as possible. Learn what they are looking for.
Please feel free to pass it on. As always, please contact me with questions or comments.