https://v4739a.a2cdn1.secureserver.net/wp-content/uploads/College-Planning-Center-monthly-newsletter.png?time=1691546963 333 1127 Heather Raeburn /wp-content/uploads/CollegePlanningCenter_Logo-Transparent-B-300x126.png Heather Raeburn2021-02-01 09:05:412021-02-01 09:09:04February 2021 Newsletter
I hope you and your family are well. It’s difficult to believe it’s February. Articles in the February newsletter include:
- Considering a Gap Year – With the advent of effective vaccines and with colleges beginning to announce on-campus programs for the fall of 2021, should you still consider a gap year?
- Majoring in Foreign Language – As the world becomes more interconnected, fluency in multiple languages is a highly desirable skill. But what type of careers can this major prepare you for?
- Changes Coming to the FAFSA – The FAFSA Simplification Act of 2021 brings a slew of changes to the FAFSA that will begin with the 2022-23 application cycle. This is what families need to know.
- Looking for a Way to Enhance your Learning Experiences? – Chances are, there is a MOOC in your future. Although many of you are currently doing some or all of your learning online, you will find that MOOCs are different from traditional high school or college courses.
- To Test or Not to Test – That is the Question – How do you decide if you should invest both considerable time and money into test prep for the next admissions cycle? Info for the class of 2022.